What Would You Like To Know?
The land that sits under the village today was once farmland used by immigrant families during the 1830s. The Illinois Central Railroad began servicing the village in the 1850s, which doubled the population and economic growth during that era.
Olympia Fields has received the Tree City USA award for several years of having shown a commitment to caring for and up keeping the village’s public trees.
The village is two miles east of I-57.
- Metra Electric
- Olympia Fields Station
- Randolph St Station
- School District 170 (Kennedy School)
- Flossmoor School District 161 (Western Avenue Elementary School)
- Flossmoor School District 161 (Parker Junior High School)
- Homewood-Flossmoor School District 233 (Homewood-Flossmoor High School). Homewood-Flossmoor High School is a three-time recipient of the U.S. Department of Education’s Blue Ribbon Award for excellence. HF also owns WHFH 88.5, the highest powered high school radio station with 1,500 watts.
- Matteson School District 162
- Rich Township High School District 227 (Rich Central High School)
- Bloom Township High School District 206 (Bloom High School)
- Barbara McKinzie, Alpha Kappa Alpha‘s twenty-seventh International President, who served from 2006 to 2010
- Dee Dee Davis, actress and comedian best known for her role as Bryana “Baby Girl” Thomkins on The Bernie Mac Show
- Jim Osborne, former defensive tackle for the Chicago Bears
- Kendall Gill, retired professional basketball player
- Toi Hutchinson, a Democratic member of the Illinois Senate representing the 40th District
- Rudolph Isley, singer-songwriter and a founding member of The Isley Brothers
- J. Ivy, Grammy Award-winning poet
- R. Kelly, R&B singer-songwriter and producer
- Nnedi Okorafor, a Nigerian-American writer of fantasy, science fiction, and speculative fiction; winner of the World Fantasy Award for Best Novel and the Wole Soyinka Prize for African Literature
Property listings for Olympia Fields, Illinois.
Market analysis data for Olympia Fields, Illinois.
Real Estate Market
Median sale price last 12 mo.
Avg. property tax
Sale price lowest 12 mo.
Sale price highest 12 mo.
Area and Demographic Statistics
This part graphically explains area and demographics stats for Olympia Fields, Illinois.
|Average value of the dwelling in which household lives||$261,331|
|Avg. years a household has lived in dwelling.||18 years|
This part contains all educational institutions in Olympia Fields, Illinois.
The Best in Olympia Fields
Browse through the top rated businesses in the most popular categories Olympia Fields, Illinois has to offer.